Sunday, April 6, 2008

What's it all about?

So, a bunch of us who have blogs in common got together and went on a cruise. Some had met each other - most had not. We had a facilitator who encouraged a more spiritual side of our cruise and then making fun was up to us. We didn't take much encouragement to be successful.

One of the members of this group was a geocacher. On a shore day, a small group went in search of a cache and came back successful international geocachers. I hope they will blog here about that experience.

This blog then is an outgrowth of that time together because what I realized is that this is something that can bring the family together out in the fresh air and away from the screen. After all daughter, 17 just said, "I don't want you going out caching without me today, but let's wait for chibi (14) to wake up". This blog is for those who share a common hobby to get together and share even though we are now all far away. In fact here I hope our geographic seperation will enhance the experience as we share pictures and tales of the hunt in differing locals.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got it up and running!

Rev Honey said...

I'll have my gps this week. Going looking for three gc's in my neighborhood as soon as I do!

Connie said...

Yea, I'm looking forward to getting my GPS this week as well!

Unknown said...

Thanks for getting this up and running. I haven't gotten my gps yet, but am doing the ordering.

I am so looking forward to this.

Anonymous said...

while you wait go get a geocaching identity. I'm gen216 alone and we're MillerTrio together.

If you download Google Earth, you can then import geocaches to it. I know of a few people who starting caching just using the maps from the site and google earth before they finally invested in a gps receiver